Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Maternity Leave





I guess you could call this break from blogging my "maternity leave." Sorry to those who have been checking in for updates! Annaleigh was born via "unscheduled c-section" March 27th at 5:20 PM. I toughed out natural childbirth for 8 hours before starting to beg for the epidural...then 2 hours later they told me that there was no way she was going to come without a c-section because of her positioning...so 5 minutes later we rolled into the O.R. and then about 10 minutes after that we had our little girl!
So...9 Days later at home I started having a really bad pain in my right side...My first thought was "I have to have appendicitis" but it scared me to admit it. Finally, the pain was too bad to bear any longer so I went to the doctor where they sent me directly to the ER. Long story short, I had surgery to remove my appendix as well as 3 inches of my colon just 10 days after my baby was born.
So that's where I have been folks! I am happy to report that things are finally back to normal around here...if you can call life with an infant normal!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations!!! My goodness!!! You have been through a whirlwind, huh? I'm so glad things are as back to normal as can be expected! Hang in there! She is gorgeous! Love you!

Unknown said...

Laurie - I found your blog through Hannah Steven's blog, and I've been checking to see if you'd had your little one. CONGRATS! I have a sixth month old, and the crazy thing is I also had appendicitis and had my appendix removed a little while after he was born!! (It was about 2 or 3 months after though, not 10 days!)
Take care and enjoy your baby!

Sara (Pigg) Walker (from LU)