Monday, September 04, 2006

Weather Report


Not much new to report around here. I started back to school last week with a cold plus going back to work for a few days made for a long week with no time to blog. I am excited about my classes, but reality is starting to set in that I have to buckle down and get working again after my long summer break...
We were so relieved this week to not only see temperatures fall below 100 degrees for the first time in about 90 days, but also to see that wet stuff fall from the sky TWICE (I think I remember it's called rain) Russell walked in this morning from outside and said he thought he could hear the ground "gulping." I am so relieved to see the grass actually turn from putrid brown to "greenish" (see above picture.) I knew things were getting bad around here when someone suggested to us that we needed to be watering the foundation of our house on our ONE day a week that we are legally allowed to water. I had never heard of such at thing, but apparently its old hat around here because everyone is familiar with the way the dirt settles under extreme draught conditions, etc.

2 comments:

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

yikes! Glad you got some rain finally. It is winter down here and we finally got some rain ourselves for the first time in a long time. It brought a nice cold front which I have been enjoying. Unfortunately James hasn't been able to have his swimming lessons the past two weeks. But it will be warm again before long.

Post more photos of that beautiful babe. I can't get enough of her!
By the way, what classes are you taking??

Jillina said...

Oh my! I had no idea you had been so long without rain. I'm glad you guys got some much needed rain. Sorry you've been sick and so busy but it's so good to hear from you. Yeah, what classes are you taking?