Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Disclosure of Guilty Pleasure

I have been debating on whether or not to share this information , but I decided in the name of entertainment I would go ahead and spill the beans. OK, I admit it. I am one of those people who have jumped on the bandwagon of indulging in Celebrity Gossip. I justify it by having no other vices in the world...so it can't be THAT bad, right?? It all started will www.people.com. I consider People to be a somewhat respectable magazine with most information from actual interviews, based on facts, etc. I would check the websight every morning when I checked my email perusing the articles with half interest and then browsing through the pictures of the day. Fine. I then progressed to www.tmz.com. I stumbled onto this sight mainly from referrals from TV shows, etc. It is obvious that this sight is based on more "hear-say" than facts with a lot of the pictures taken by their own crew of papparazi. I am stooping lower by the second...then it all came crashing down. I found www.perezhilton.com. Perez is actually a self proclaimed "Celebrity blogger" whose sight has become enormously popular and has been actually able to make his living from it. This sight can be racy & raunchy (DISCLAIMER) but it makes me laugh every time. At first I was so embarrassed I looked at it...now Russell and I both laugh about it. The thing is, its not that I really care what Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears & K-Fed, Jessica Simpson, etc or doing...and I hate it that there are actually people who look up to them because they do NOTHING meaningful and worthwhile with their life (at least from all outward appearances.) It's just darn entertaining so AMEN and dish me up some more celebrity gossip. Is there ANYONE out there with me??

4 comments:

Jillina said...

I was just talking to a friend about how we were so into Britney Spears as we flipped through a mag that had her weight loss secrects. :) I'm def going to be checking out this blog - don't worry your not alone on this one at all.

Tiersa said...

me, too! Go to E!online.

Angie said...

I must admit that I'm a "People" fan too! I hadn't progressed to these other sites, but that's only because I didn't know about them.... :)

Courtney said...

I am a celebrity gossip junkie as well, I agree they do nothing to better society, but for some reason it is so entertaining! I get US weekly (Michael calls it "my crack") and I like this blog site bricksandstones.com you should check it out! Pathetic I know. Have a great weekend!
Courtney