Sunday, August 19, 2007

New things

A's newest thing is she is obsessed with her bows and necklaces. The first thing she does when she wakes up in the morning is ask for them both.Mimi and Pop got her a Little People farm a few weeks ago. She loves those little animals and carries them everywhere! It's so HARD not to spoil this little girl because she gets SO SO SO excited over anything new. She was so excited she was actually shaking when we were taking the farm out of the boxAnother favorite new thing to do is go swimming. We try to go to the pool about twice a week. The girl is not afraid of water at all! I want to point out two things about the picture below. First, A is with our dear friend Elaine who is currently taking a 5 week "sabbatical" in Colorado! We already miss her like crazy! The second is that I want you to notice A's expression. We affectionately call it "the Elvis face." It's kinda hard to tell but she does the lip raise perfectly when she isn't pleased with something going on. I guess she was tired of getting her picture taken. Did I mention I have an opinionated and expressive child??...and oh my goodness, the girl has really started talking. She seems to repeat almost every thing we say. Favorites are: Mama, Dada, Lola (the cat), baby, bow, neclic (necklace), shoes, ball, up, out, hi, bye, more, yuck, duck, bip (dip: as in ketchup which she wants to dunk all her food including fruit), cup, & tank u (thank you) I am just amazed how much in these past few weeks her speech has improved.
In blog news. Reese has some pictures up of her little princess & Casey had her baby on Friday. Little Henley is just precious. Now we are waiting on April's , Kate's, Michelle's,and Calista's little ones to arrive soon...then Elizabeth, Angie, & Becky!! Babies, Babies EVERYWHERE!!

5 comments:

Angie said...

My cousin's little girl went through a necklace phase just like Annaleigh is doing. She wanted her necklaces the moment she woke from a nap or nighttime!

Jillina said...

Wow she has quite the vocabulary! That's awesome! I love that Annaleigh is into all things girly!

Becky said...

She is just adorable!! I am so looking forward to having a baby girl!!!! Bring on the necklaces and bows!!! :)

Courtney said...

She is too cute! Since I have been keeping up with your blog she has grown so much! I love that she is SO girly!

Anonymous said...

Can you tell I read your blog now? I have it marked in my favorites list so I don't forget...also, it helps that a bunch of my friends have blogs now (I guess they come standard with the baby?) so I can just add blog reading to my internet stops. I guess Annaleigh got her ketchup love from her Uncle Mike...he eats it on baked potatoes, rolls, and ANY kind of meat. Well, give her a kiss for me...