Thursday, December 13, 2007

2 Pictures

I just wanted to share 2 pictures today.

The first one is obviously of our Christmas tree. We ended up going for an artificial one this year...Since we are about to move, the thought of the mess of a real one just stressed me out. The point of interest in this picture is the decorations (or lack there of.) It's kind of hard to tell, but the decorations stop about 3 feet from the floor. The munchkin just kept on pulling them off while I was decorating, so I figured I would just take the temptation away from her and the extra stress away from my life.
This picture is from our visit with Santa tonight. (excuse the quality-it is a picture of a picture since I don't have a scanner) I guess I should have known better to think that anything would be simple with my "spirited" child. Our first attempt at a picture was a definite no-go. She SCREAMED at the top of her lungs....The patient elves taking the picture suggested we take her for a little walk and come back when she was calmed down...but Russell and I had a better idea: Bribery. We walked straight to the candy store and let her pick out a sucker. She got it when she sat back down on Santa's lap and was more than happy to smile. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the sucker is in her right hand.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it...I maximized the picture to see the lollipop...that will always be a fun memory of that picture. Make sure you right it down on the back or something!

Anonymous said...

hey, laurie, i love the picture - it's nice that we can see her grow through pics.

Angie said...

That's a cute Santa shot. :)

A Cincy Mama said...

I don't believe that story one bit! How could a baby with such an angelic face throw the kind of fit you described? Hee hee. Your spirited gal sure is a cutie.

Jillina said...

That is the BEST Santa pic I've ever seen! Great job with the sucker!

Ashley & Bobby said...

love the santa pic! She is too cute :)