Thursday, January 17, 2008

Crazy times!

We are pretty busy around the Frantz household these days. Russell started his new job at the Grapevine church on Monday and I started my clinical portion of nursing school Monday as well. I think Russell is really liking his new job so far.... but the one thing he is having trouble with is the commute. Miles wise, it's only about 35 miles to Grapevine from Mesquite...Dallas traffic wise, it takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours! I am sure many of you can relate to wretched commutes, but I am here to tell you, it's the pits!!! I have always thought of myself as a city person, but lately I have had thoughts of moving to a small town where there's only one traffic light!!! I will be looking at the same drive in the opposite direction when we make our big move in a couple of weeks. Speaking of our new house, everything is looking great and we are moving right along to close next Friday. YAY!!!

Annaleigh is about to start a new beginning as well. Until we move, she is staying with friends in Mesquite while I am in school, but starting in February she will be going to the Grapevine Christian Pre-School (at the church where Russell works.) I think she is going to love it...She is such an extrovert!

I just realized I never posted any pictures from Christmas morning. Annaleigh made out like a bandit this year (my mom always uses that phrase=) , but take special notice to the lollipop. It was the first thing she found...therefore she has a messy face in all the rest of the pictures!!!


This picture was taken at one of our last devotionals with the youth group in Mesquite. We already miss these guys!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to see your comment on my blog. It has been so long! You have a beautiful family and you look wonderful! I would love to catch up!

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you need help with the move :)

Hollie Reese said...

Poor Russ! That must be hard. We are excited for your move. I think she is going to LOVE going to school up at the church!

Hollee said...

YEAH! I'm super excited you are moving close. Sorry...I can't help move. (I have a good excuse).

Elizabeth Miller said...

Can't wait for you to be close Laurie! We will have to do some play days!!! Let me know if you need any help!

LB said...

Wow! It sounds like you guys are and will be super busy! Good luck with everything . . . I hope the transistions go smoothly and A makes it ok!