Friday, May 02, 2008

Strawberry Picking

Our playgroup from church went to a strawberry farm in Arlington today. Excuse the squinty eyes in some of the following pictures...It was a beautiful day, but very bright .
It didn't take A long to get down the concept of picking. She picked every thing. Red or green or dirt or twigs...I will have to confess that we were kinda bad and threw some of the "less desirable" berries back. You had to pay by the pound.William and Annaleigh were pretty serious about picking. His mommy had to make him stop because his basket was so full!Some of the kids found the tractor and had a blast. Denise and I discussed that we go to all this trouble to plan fun and memorable pay dates and they have the best time just climbing all over the tractor!




Getting a hug from sweet Aiden

And this was when the real fun began...Up to this point I did a pretty good job keeping her out of the strawberries, but I after I paid, I just let her have at it.The saddest thing about this picture is her dress. I hope it isn't ruined. It is another one my mom made and is currently soaking in oxyclean!

We had so much fun!!

5 comments:

Suzanna said...

Fun--such great pictures! I hope the dress comes clean!! When I saw the very first picture, I started worrying about that cute dress that I guessed you mom had made.
I think we are going strawberry picking with Marin and family when they are here in a couple of weeks...we got such cute pictures of her last year. She didn't bother to pick them, though...she just leaned over and bit them right on the vine. Caroline won't be able to do much, but we can get some cute pictures!

A Cincy Mama said...

I love the pictures and just LOVE, love the dress. I will pay your mom to make one of those for J. Think she'd do it? Maybe A, J and C can have matching dresses...and they can wear them to a tea party at Southern Belles and Beaus in Watkinsville...sound like a plan?! Love to you and your pretty little gal. Happy Birthday to Russell, too!

*Kendra* said...

So sad that we didn't get to go pick strawberries with everyone. We were out of town. Glad yall had a good time. Next time the kids want to play on a tractor, just let me know. My dad has one 10 miles down the road!

Lisa said...

How fun!! You got some great pictures. Is this near Atlanta? Your mom has some talent, too, I hope the dress comes clean!

Bunch of Oranges said...

I missed you guys!!!! I, THE MAMA, got a yucky stomach bug and was so weak on Friday.. but thought of ya'll all day! I LOVE the pic of her strawberry mouth and yes all over the dress! Too cute!!! :)