Thursday, September 11, 2008

09/11/01

Where were you when it happened?? I was a Senior at Lipscomb University and lived about 1 mile from school so I would get up and walk to class every morning. I arrived a few minutes late for my World Literature class and the Prof was already talking. She said " I guess everyone knows what is going on by now, so I think we should pray and then I am excusing class for the day." I was completely clueless to what she was talking about. I remember a girl said "a bomb went off at the world trade center in New York and also at the Pentagon." I was just stunned. Obviously, at that point, the events of the day were still unfolding and the facts were still fuzzy...after that I went to the student center with my friend Becca. The usually bustling place was like a tomb when we walked in with all eyes peeled to the TV. I was shocked and horrified to witness the second plane crash into the second tower. I will never ever forget how scared and violated and sad I felt that day. I went home and called all the people I loved the most....

2 comments:

Amber Rader said...

I was a junior at ACU, and I just happened to turn on the tv as I was getting ready for class that morning. It was when Katie Couric was still on the Today show, and I watched it on tv as the second plane hit too. And then we went to chapel a couple of hours later, prayed, and I think I watched it on tv the rest of the day. It was hard not to...I'll never forget it!

Bethany said...

I remember watching the TV with you in the Student Center--I found out in Bison Square with Carrie Littlejohn.