Thursday, January 26, 2006

God STILL works miracles

One of the biggest fears I have had since we found out we were expecting is that there could be something wrong with our child. I have to confess that I have lost sleep over this pleading with God that everything will be okay with our baby. I want to share this story of some good friends of ours Rick and Amy Carder who live in Fort Worth. They were given some bad news about their unborn child a few weeks ago, but this story proves that God DOES answer prayers that He DOES heal and that he STILL works miracles.

We wanted to give all of you guys an update on our doctor'sappointment this afternoon. God has healed His child - Praise Him. Let us tell you how God, as Mr. Jeffrey prayed last night,orchestrated the appointment. We went into the doctor's office and the sonogram technician began the ultrasound. She kept looking for the cystichygroma but was not finding it. I asked her, "Do you see anything?" She said, "No, but let's wait until the doctor gets in here." I said, "Well, alot of prayers have been prayed over this child. She said, "That certainly helps, I believe in miracles". She left and Amy and I were sitting there. Amy was sitting there, calm and cool as usual with the same confidence she has exemplified throughout the past 2 weeks. Her faith is amazing. After looking at the ultrasound pictures, the doctor came in and the first thing out of her mouth was "There is a God and He is good". She looked the baby over some more and said, "if this was the first time I've seen you, I'd say this baby is totally normal." She said, "There is no explanation for this". We prayed with the doctor and technician giving glory to God and prayed that this was a faith building experience for everyone involved. Everyone was crying - It was great. Thank you so much for your prayers and please continue to pray forthe development of this special child. I asked God this morning that He expose the lie that Satan has been saying about our God not healing anymore. Please share this story with everyone you know and praise God for loving us and for being involved in our lives.
We love you,
Rick and Amy

No comments: