Saturday, July 29, 2006

We are back!

Annaleigh and I made it back to Texas Thursday following Russell's return from Honduras Wednesday. I would love to post pictures of our trip, but my forgetful mind forgot to bring the digi-cam! We had a fun time visiting friends and family in Georgia and Virginia....and as a side note: if you can make it to GA or South Carolina in the next month, you MUST sample the peaches. They are AMAZING this year!
I was so thankful to be able to spend some time with three of my oldest and dearest friends. We had a very special time of prayer for our families that refreshed my spirt and renewed my sense of the importance of the power of prayer. I challenge you all to find prayer partners. It is a great way to be accountable to each other and to God and it is AWESOME to watch him work in your life and the lives of others as a result.
Annaleigh did ok on her second plane trip. She screamed a lot on the way there (much to the shegrin of the other passengers.) Thankfully, my prayers were answered on the way home and she was as good as gold! Thanks to everyone who kept our Honduras mission team in your prayers last week. Amazing things were done for God's glory!
Here are a few pictures we took today at the pool and at home....just kidding. Blogger isn't loading pictures right now. I will try again tomorrow.

4 comments:

Tiersa said...

I am so glad to hear you had a time of spiritual refreshment on your trip. It seems most welcome when we are the most in need. I rejoice that your family is all together under one roof again. I love you! We are so glad you are home! I missed Annaleigh's smile. Give her a kiss for me.

Jillina said...

Glad you guys had a safe, fun trip. And yes GA peaches rock this year! It's one of my highlights everytime we visit the inlaws.

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

Sounds like you had fun Laurie, I can't wait to see the photos!

Elizabeth Miller said...

Shoutin' amen and amen to the praying friends! There is nothing like it! Love all of the pics!!!