Thursday, October 12, 2006

Updates

Sorry for my little lag in postings. I have been trying to do better with keeping everyone updated on our little lives but there has been so much going on around here I simply have not had the time to sit down and do it.
It was so much fun to have my parents visit from Georgia the last few days. Sometimes I feel guilty for living so far away because I hate that they are missing out on watching Annaleigh grow up...but those feelings are coupled with thanks and peace that God has brought us exactly where we are for a purpose right now. We all had a great time visiting but I know they had more fun just being with their granddaughter..and that's ok!
In other news, we finally broke down and got DVR last week (built in TiVo.) Russell has been hounding me about it for ever and I have been putting him off even though EVERYONE swears its the best thing EVER. Well, I have to say that I do like it but I am not that much of a TV person because I just don't have the emotional energy to get into and follow shows. I admit that I have never even SEEN an episode of Lost, Grays Anatomy, or 24 (didn't that show end??) Anyway, Russell is in heaven so I am happy to make my husband happy.
We are sad because we were supposed to go and see our friends in Louisiana this weekend but we cant because Annaleigh is sick. Oh goodness, I just realized I talked about tv before I talked about my sick baby. UGH. It all started last week after she got her shots. I was expecting adverse reactions because she didn't do too well after the last round. She had a low grade fever and was mildly lethargic for a few days, but after 4 days straight of having a fever I finally called the doc and took her in. He believes she has Roseola. Since she doesn't go to day care or anything it is probable that she picked it up in Target or something. yuck. Anyway, we are just watching her close right now and waiting for the red rash to break out on her body. Sound fun??

3 comments:

Jillina said...

Oh I'm so sorry she's sick!! Target ugh. I'll be praying for you guys.

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

James has had Roseola twice now. Evidently, there are six different strains! Hang in there Annaleigh!

Hollee said...

I don't understand the details of a sick baby...BUT I do LOVE our DVR. We couldn't live without it!!