Sunday, October 01, 2006

Thank You God for our Family!



I never realized how much I MISSED living close to family until we had a baby! I totally understand now why people stay close to home or decide to move back home after having children. We had a fun weekend this weekend with Rita and Dean (my mother and father-in-law) here to visit. It was exciting to go watch Brad (my brother in-law) coach at football games...YAY for Friday night lights in Texas and the Rockwall Heath Hawks! We also had a blast going shopping, going out to eat, cooking at home, and just spending time together....

4 comments:

Jillina said...

Amen. Families are some of the biggest and best blessings.

Katey said...

Hi Laurie, it's Katey- Russell and Brad's cousin from Abilene (well Nashville now). Randomly, I found you through a friend's blog. Precious pictures of that baby! I think I'd only seen the one, so it's good to see them. Especially the one with Uncle Brad- I bet he's hilarious with her! Well, anyway, just wanted to let you know I found this, and I'll come back now and check for pics and stories of the fam, glad things are going so well. Give Russell and Brad a hug for me! And Dean and Rita next time they come up!

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

Yes, it is nice to have family close by. I miss mine but I know that Brazil is where I am supposed to be. Looking forward to seeing them soon.

Unknown said...

Well, Jillina already said it, but I was going to say, "Amen, sister." Family is such a blessing. Your baby girl is beautiful and so are you! You have a beautiful motherly glow!