Saturday, November 18, 2006

Blessings

The Thanksgiving season is a time where many are reminded of all of the blessings in their life...I got to thinking today about a little book my little sis in pi delta Bethany gave me for my birthday one year. It was a journal where you just wrote down 5 things you were thankful for every day no matter how big or small. That little book was such a blessing to me because it forced me to sit down and recall things that day that had blessed my life no matter how hard or bad I thought my day may have been. Kind of sad that it sometimes takes tools like that to make us realize how blessed we are. From this week on, I am really going to try harder to count my blessings and tell God how thankful I am for the blessings He lavishly bestows on my life daily. I think I will post 5 things every day this week to get me back in the right frame of mind. I hope you will do the same.

1. Jesus Christ died on the cross for me and for you!
2. My precious little family- Russell and Annaleigh
3. Our church family at Mesquite.
4. The changing of the seasons
5...........and HOT CHOCOLATE!

Have a Blessed Day!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Great idea. We so often forget all the little things. We take for granted the moments in life where we don't feel stressed or frustrated- just peaceful or happy.