Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Cold Weather Comfort

It's a dreary, windy, rainy here in Dallas-not all that cold, but yucky weather non the less. Weather like this makes me wish it was Christmas already but Russell would die if he came home from work and the house was already decorated BEFORE Thanksgiving. Weather like this also makes me crave good old comfort food! Last night I made pork chops and sauerkraut (Russell loves the stuff) with hot potato salad, green beans, and cherry pie! I think I will make a roast with all the trimmings later on this week and an apple spice cake. No wonder we tend to pack on the pounds when it gets cooler outside! Does anyone else have any "comfort food" recipes to share?? Oh, and by the way, if you ever need ANY recipe ideas, one of the best sights I have found is www.allrecipes.com

We went last Friday to get Annaleigh's test run in conjunction with the infection she has earlier this month (Sonogram on kidneys and VCUG for you medical-types) Anyway, everything came back negative. Praise God she continues to be a happy and healthy child! Her little personality seems to develop more and more everyday. She loves to give you a big grin and show her 4 teeth off!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I'm glad Annaleigh is doing well.

I can't let my husband see your blog. He would be jealous of all your cooking, since I don't frequent the kitchen that often! :)

And I must say that homemade veggie soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are comfort foods for me in the chilly weather. Yum!

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

wow, James didn't get his first tooth until he was 9 months! Post some photos of those little teeth when you get a chance!

Jillina said...

4 teeth! You'll have to share your teething tips with me, William doesn't have any teeth. I'm glad Annaleigh is doing well.

What is it about cold weather and good food? Of course I'm eating Holiday M&Ms right now but that still counts right?