Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

No, I am not talking about the book or the movie. I am talking about the most perfect pair of jeans my tush has ever worn. It all started last Christmas when my 47 year old mother decided she wanted some, in her own words, "cool jeans." We started walking around the mall where we ended up in American Eagle. Now, I would like to digress for a moment to say that I don't shop at American Eagle mainly because all the girls in the youth group either shop there or Hollister and I just don't care to show up to church with the same outfit as them...okay, so anyway, we are in American Eagle and she finds some very cute jeans. They do make her look young, but that's what she was going for. After seeing her wear them for a few times, I decide they are so cute that I want a pair too...but so does my sneaky little sister. Simultaneously, my dad makes a comment the jeans make her look too youngish so she puts them away. We go back to Texas...the next thing I know my sister calls me and tells me mom gave her the jeans. I WANTED THOSE JEANS (oh the woes of having a sister and a mother who wears the same size as me!) I was going to go and buy a pair, but now I won't on the principal that my mom gave the jeans that I wanted to my sister. A few weeks pass. My sister (who is the same size as me but also two inches taller) decides the jeans are too short for her...so she mails them to me. They arrive in the mail and I am nervous because I have never actually put these jeans on my body before. After I made such a big fuss they may not fit at all. I start to have major anxiety as I immediately strip in the living room to put them on...and they FIT LIKE A GLOVE!!! I love these jeans so much I have to make myself variate my wardrobe! Just curious, what is the item of clothing you just can't live without??

6 comments:

Jillina said...

So lets see a picture of these traveling pants. BTW super cute story! I may have to go to American Eagle myself who can resist cute jeans?

Emily said...

I can't live without my house shoes. Now that may sound "old ladyish" but I got these great Tempurpedic house shoes from Brookstone for Christmas and they are FABULOUS! The fit my feet perfectly and I confess I have even worn them to the grocery store. Hey I love cute shoes, but sometimes you feet just need a break from the heels!

chris anne said...

that's so funny. a good pair of blue jeans is hard to find. hold on to them!

Angie said...

I need a good pair of jeans. Mine have all gotten too short as my behind has gotten bigger.
I'm not sure what my "must have" item is.... perhaps shoes with a heel?

AJnChattown said...

I can't live without these kakhi pants from Eddie Bauer. I bought them in Chicago and they were a little tight, but the fabric is oh so comfortable. The best part is, I only paid $16 for them and could wear them every other day, for fear that someone might notice if I wore them everyday. I am fired up for your new jeans!!!!!!Thats awesome.

Charlie and Jennifer Senn said...

loved that story!
I can't live without my soft pajama pants from A&F. I don't shop there anymore b/c it's all so little, but a few years ago I got two pairs of their cotton pj pants w/the moose on them. I look forward to putting them on everyday after work.