Friday, March 09, 2007

Double Ear Infection+Stomach Virus=NO FUN!


Bless my little girl's heart. Wednesday morning after she up-chucked her whole breakfast I started to suspect she had picked up a little stomach virus of some sort. Since she has had one or two thus far, I knew the thing to do was to watch her close and start pumping in the Pedialyte. She was really okay and played well all day Wednesday except for the stomach bug that had obviously started to kick in. Yesterday morning, I knew there was something else wrong when she woke up burning up with a fever and was completely lethargic which is NEVER my little girl. I gave some Motrin and quickly called and got in with the Dr. By the time we got her there, her fever jumped up to 103. We soon learned she had a double ear infection, which I had NO idea she had, plus some kind of stomach bug on top of it! Bless her heart! She has felt so bad the last couple of days. It is the absolute worst feeling in the world to see your children hurt. I wonder if that is the way God feels about us when HE sees us hurting. We are so blessed to have a Savior who takes our pain and our worry from us. I know that I have been stressed this week about my little girl being sick and lots of nursing exams....but I am going to try hard to let God take that from me and give Him the control. Because I just can't do it by myself.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I hope she's up and back to her normal self very soon! Good luck on all your exams!

chris anne said...

oh, poor thing. i'm so sorry she's so sick. i hope she's better very soon.

Abigail and Ansley said...

I am so sorry that she has been sick. It is strange, though, that is exactly what Abigail and Ansley had the last couple of weeks...stomach bugs and double ear infections. I just haven't been able to post anything about it yet.