Thursday, October 04, 2007

Another 3 Day Update


It's hard to believe in just 3 weeks I will be participating in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day event in Dallas. I would like to thank those who have contributed already to this incredible cause. It means more to me than you could ever know!
Each participant has the objective of raising $2200 toward research for finding a cure for breast cancer. Although is seems like a large amount of money, I think we can all agree that we cannot put a price tag on the cure of this devastating disease. What I love about raising money for this cause is that it is personal to almost everyone because they know someone who has been affected by breast cancer in their life one way or another. My grandmother had breast cancer at the age of 30. I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I am scared I too may one day be affected. You may have similar fears about yourself, your mother, your wife, or even your daughters which is why finding a cure is so critical.
Any amount of money you could contribute to this cause would be greatly appreciated. At this point, the easiest way to donate would be to follow the link below to my person sight and donate online. Of course all donations are tax deductible and a receipt will be sent to you by mail from the Susan G. Komen Philanthropic organization. Again, thank you for your dedication in helping to find a cure for Breast Cancer.

http://07.the3day.org/dallas07/lauriefrantz

1 comment:

lyla said...

laurie--good luck with such a great cause! your blog is hilarious! i have been laughing out loud at your post about the mixed bathing, costumes, and bows. annaleigh is precious.