Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving in Virginia

We spent Thanksgiving at my grandads house in Virginia this year. It was such a great trip....save the one lesson we learned: Always try and get direct flights with kids if at all possible!!! A and I have flown a lot of times but have always been on a direct flight. Believe me, your sanity is worth a little more money!!!
I hope these next pictures don't seem too morbid. They were taken in Lexington, Virginia where a lot of my family is buried including my grandmother (dad's mom) She always said she wanted to be buried there because she thought it was the prettiest place on earth.The church on the sight is so neat. Obviously, it's very old. There are graves that date back to the Civil War and American Revolution. My Mom and Annaleigh



My sister Rachel, me, and Annaleigh.
Showing us the pretty yellow leaves
Annaleigh was so attached to Rachel the whole time. She was stuck to her side!
Check out yet another cute outfit my mom made for Annaleigh. She is doing such an awesome job...and FYI: I think she is going to start selling her stuff soon so stay tuned for that and let me know if you would be interested.
My Aunt, Uncle and Cousins all went to Virginia Tech....so of course they had to give Annaleigh a hat!Attempts at "a great-grandchildren picture" Whew!!! Kailey is 3, Kyle is 2, A is 1...yeah, I would like to see you do a better job!!

Here we all are (minus just one cousin) Me, Rachel, Tyler, Mark, and our kids.




What a way to go to sleep...cuddled in great-grandads arms. Sure hope there is less time between our next visit!



7 comments:

The Parker Family said...

What a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving. I love the picture of your daughter with your grandad. Those pictures are priceless!

Anonymous said...

Sweet...I love how Annaleigh loves Rachel so much. Glad y'all had a good time. Oh, Granny Jenny's gravesite IS pretty. Not morbid at all.

Courtney said...

Looks like a great week!

Carmen said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! I hear you about the flying with kids. Lizzie and I are flying next week and I had to have a layover...hoping all goes well:)

The Hadfields said...

It IS a pretty burial ground! I love the outfit your mom made and you and your sister look SO much alike! Hope it was a great Thanksgiving!

Abigail and Ansley said...

Your pictures are great! I am glad that you had a good trip!

A Cincy Mama said...

What great pictures from your trip. I especially love the one of Annaleigh and her Mama Mary. So sweet.