Friday, September 05, 2008

Free Chicken and the first day of school

If you know me, you know I am a big, big fan of Chick-fil-a. I have to have it at least once a week or I'm just not right. Annaleigh has caught the fever too but she calls it Chicky-a. So cute. You may already know this, but last Monday (Labor Day) they ran a promotion to get a free box of chicken strips if you wore college football gear...well, Russell usually isn't up for, um..."fun"stuff like that, but I convinced him to participate with the promise of free chicken and the argument that we were showing love for Louisiana since it was the same day that Hurricane Gustaf hit. Tuesday was A's first day of school for the year. She is in Ms. Stormey's class and lovin' it! She was especially excited about her new Hello Kitty lunchbox to match the thermos Grama got her!

Growing up too, too fast! Next thing I know we are going to be sending her off to college!
As a side note, I am flying to Georgia in the morning for Uncle Raymond's funeral. Please continue to keep us all in your prayers as we go through this difficult time.

7 comments:

Kylea Hapka said...

She looks so precious in her little first day of school pictures! I love her!

Bunch of Oranges said...

I got free chicken and didn't have a college shirt on.... was excited for free chicken!!!! :) Have a safe trip... we will be praying for you.

Ryan said...

This is Ryan Thornton, I went to UGA. I wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you and your family during this difficult time. I just heard about your Uncle Raymond from the Norwoods. I am so sorry, he was such a sweet person. You are in our prayers.

Jillina said...

Hope your trip to GA goes ok, you guys have been in our prayers.

The Blakes said...

I LOVE Chick Fil A. I have a theory that they put something in the chicken that makes my blood crave that food!! And it never fails that I want Chick Fil A on Sunday. Maybe that is why they are so successful. They are on God's side:)

Angie said...

Oh, I saw that Chick-fil-a deal and meant to go! Can't believe I missed it! A looked so sweet in her first day of school pictures.

A Cincy Mama said...

I love the one of A looking so proud of her Hello Kitty lunchbag. I pretty much say this every comment, but your girl looks so tall! I can't get over her.

Been praying for you tons. Hope we can talk when you feel up to it.