Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Uncle Raymond

I am saddened to say my family suffered yet another loss yesterday. My great Uncle Raymond had a massive heart attack on Monday and passed away yesterday evening. Raymond was my grandmothers brother and mentally handicapped. He lived with my mom and grandmother. He was one of the most sweet and pure people I have ever known in my life. He taught me so much about how to love and treat people who are different than me the same as anyone else...and that we are all God's children and equal in importance to Him. Raymond loved people and loved to have fun. These pictures were taken just 2 weeks ago during our trip to Georgia. They brought a big big smile to my face today.Annaleigh in her cool sunglassesMom's dog, Presley Parker sporting the shadesAunt Rachel was looking good too!

Uncle Raymond had to get in on the fun too! What a precious soul. I rejoice in thinking about the special place the Lord has prepared for him in heaven!

4 comments:

Amber Rader said...

I love you, Laurie...you and your family are in my prayers. Have a safe trip this weekend, and let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

Bunch of Oranges said...

God has molded you into one tough woman. You are something... I love you. I am sorry. Tears for you.........

Anonymous said...

oh laurs! seems like yesterday us girls took the road trip to athens to see you and bethie's families and i remember uncle raymond so well! i'm so sorry to hear about another loss in your family. we are praying for ya'll. jenn

Angie said...

What precious time together! I'm so sorry for your loss!