Friday, August 28, 2009

Sweet and Sassy

Annaleigh and I started a new tradition today called "Annaleigh Day" (Not that EVERY day isn't, but that's another story.) Anyway, I told her that every year before she starts school we can go to the salon to get her hair cut and done, fingernails painted...then go to lunch wherever she wants...then pick out a special outfit for the first day of school...whatever she wants! This was her "before" shot at Sweet and Sassy.
Picking out nail polish. Pink. OF COURSE!
She was SOOOO into it!
Sassy Diva ready for a trim
She told the sweet lady she just wanted a "little" haircut.
The sweet stylist went ahead and gave her a "Princess up-do" since she had some time. The amount of glitter applied was impressive even though its hard to see in the pictures.
The "After" shot.
She decided she wanted to go to Cafe Express for a yummy lunch. She likes to just "share something with me" there. I love it!
then she stole my camera and decided it was time for a photo shoot....
This is the only I got of us together.
Then she wanted to take a picture of me and her dolly.
and a picture of her with her dolly...
then I was to give dolly a kiss...
...mama is getting tired of being photographed!!
Dolly was getting tired too so she took a nap on my lap...
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
....just a quick nap.....then time for:
Funny faces!!!!
Switch!
and beautiful fingernails! We had such a great time. I am blessed beyond measure to have such a beautiful and sweet daughter...it humbles my heart that God gave her to me to take care of on this earth!

4 comments:

Becky said...

How sweet! What a fun afternoon with your baby girl! :)

Angie said...

What a fun idea!

Bunch of Oranges said...

Love it! I am sure it meant the world to her! :)

Suzanna said...

What a cute idea--it looks like y'all had so much fun. And Annaleigh looked beautiful. We need a Sweet and Sassy here!