Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wheat Germ Whole-Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes


Russell requested Pancakes for dinner tonight...Since I have been on a mission to feed my family better I searched for a healthy recipe. These turned out great!

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 cup wheat germ
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 T sugar

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, mix eggs with oil and buttermilk. Stir in baking soda, wheat germ, salt and flour, & sugar; mix until blended.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides, turning once.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 128 | Total Fat: 6.5g | Cholesterol: 37mg


To be honest, I think my hubby was thinking more along the lines of IHOP pancakes, but he said they were good none the less! Give them a try and let me know what you think.


1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm impressed you had wheat germ on hand!!