Saturday, January 27, 2007

"I don't want my picture taken!"

You may be asking what I mean by the title of this entry...We went to get Annaleigh's pictures taken tonight and it was a disaster. You may know how it is. You dread the days your children have their pictures made. You schedule around nap & eating schedules so that they will be at their peak happy time...then, inevitably, they get off-schedule with their nap or they puke all over the clothes they were wearing. Well, none of those things happened today. Naps were a breeze, the dress was perfectly pressed and without stain. I was very optimistic. We proceed to the studio and everything is going great until Annaleigh gets in front of the camera where she goes absolutely stoic. She was bound and determined she would not smile. She didn't really fuss that much, but was just completely disinterested in what she was there for. I felt so sorry for the photographers because they truly tried their hardest and did a good job under the circumstances. Thankfully, a few shots turned out okay so it wasn't a total loss!
I tried to have my own photography session tonight before bed time receiving just about the same results, but I will let you judge for yourself....

7 comments:

Angie said...

She's a sweetie. It looks like she can keep you busy! :)

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

Smile or No Smile, this child is still super cute!

josh and darci said...

Laure, I "blog hopped" to your blog today (to borrow a phrase from your last entry :) Your little girl is precious. This is why I love the links on peoples' blogs. Hope all is well for you!
Darci (DeLong) Belville
darciandjoshbelville.blogspot.com

A Cincy Mama said...

Look at her hair!! She looks so much like her daddy, but I definitely see bits and pieces of my favorite redhead, too. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the congrats! I will definitely let you know when we are settled into Dallas so we can get together. We have a lot of family there, but only a few friends since it's been 15 years since I lived there. So, it will be good to reconnect with you and swap mommy stories!

The Hadfields said...

Thanks for the comment!! I have to admit, I peek in at your blog on occasion as well!! Your little girl is precious!!

Abigail and Ansley said...

For some reason our children don't get as excited about pictures as we Mommies do! Oh, well! They'll understand one day! She is precious!