Saturday, February 17, 2007

So it's been a few weeks....


I really try not to take so much time in between blogs. First of all, it's overwhelming to start up again where you left off, and secondly because I DO check all of my friends sights daily(because I am a little addicted) and get so excited when they update! I would also like to take the opportunity to "shout out" to all my blogging buddies I don't know!!!! Thanks for posting on my previous entry "I am not a stalker..."
Things have been pretty crazy around here. My classes this semester are very challenging and take up a lot of my brain power and energy! In the mean time, being the wife of a youth minister and mother to a 10month old little girl leaves me little time to sit down and think about writing something witty, insightful....or for that matter coherent!
Russell and I celebrated Valentine's day last night because we didn't have time to BREATH this week! Traditionally, we don't do much for eachother as far as gifts, usually little tokens such as a DVD or a book or something....plus, and Russell knows this so I know it won't offend him: He is NOT good at surprising me with gifts. At all. And that's okay because it just means I get exactly what I want (because I go and pick it out myself.) Well last night he comes in with a pretty little gift bag (which is also a first, by the way.) I start to dig through...first I find a book I had been wanting. (Wow...can't believe he remembered.) Secondly, I see a CD that I had mentioned wanting (the new Norah Jones...very good, and highly recommend.) I notice there is something else in the bottom. I pull out an IPOD!!!!!!! I can't believe it! I was shocked to say the least and he went WAY above and beyond (especially since I only got him a Sports Illustrated subscription!) Anyway, I was very proud of my husband and he truly did make my day!
Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Annaleigh and I are having a p.j. day today and so far it has been WONDERFUL! Russell took a few of the kids down to Abilene for Sing Song today and should be back later tonight...

5 comments:

chris anne said...

what a nice gift. i love something thoughtful, even if it's nothing much. your little girl is so pretty, so keep those posts coming.

Angie said...

Glad you're back on the blogging bandwagon. We've missed you! :)

Jillina said...

Oh my word look at all those teeth! She's growing up so fast! I love when you update, it's like we are up at 2 am in Elam again :)

Anonymous said...

Well I'm very proud of Russell and his great gift. Hope things are going well and maybe when things slow down, we can get together. Have a good one. Calista

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

Don't have time to write? No problem. Just post photos of that beauty and it will appease everyone!! Am I right ladies?!