Sunday, March 11, 2007

Self Realization

OK. I know I am a bad mom. My little girl's first birthday soiree is in exactly 13 days and I have yet to send out invitations (by the way, if you live in the Mesquite area, you are invited.)
So...I had been looking for ideas on the Internet of concepts that I would like to do for her invitations. At least a start, right? I knew I wanted some super-cute & unique invitations but didn't want to shell out a lot of cash for them. I find myself in Hobby Lobby wondering around aimlessly and end up buying more stuff than I should resulting in invitations that aren't as cute as ones I could buy on the Internet and probably cost more. One day I will learn that my crafting ability and my imagination are not equal counterparts. (location & number has been blocked in the event there are any stalkers reading this blog.)

I did manage to get most of the decorations I needed at various places and a few cute party favors thanks to the dollar isle at Target...


I have been meaning to post a picture of our baby blessing we had at church a few weeks ago. Unfortunately we didn't get a lot of cute pictures but it was special none the less.

I am on spring break this week from class and from teaching. My goals are to, first and foremost, get my daughter feeling 100% better (she is still pretty puny), organize my hall closets, plant some flowers in the yard, & do some spring cleaning. I will let you know how it's going soon.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

I think the invitations are cute - don't under estimate your crafting abilities! I am impressed! Plus you will put that invitation in your baby book and look back on it and think awwwww I made those for my baby's first birthday! How special:)

Angie said...

Good luck accomplishing all your spring break goals. I should try to get some things done, but so far, I've been pretty lazy. :)

A Cincy Mama said...

very cute...love the ribbon! can't believe the little one is one!

chris anne said...

don't sell yourself short, those invitations are great. hope she has a wonderful first birthday!

Stacy said...

Fabulous invitation! Much cuter than any of the cheesy bears and other characters to pick from! Hope you get everything done spring break! Cute idea-At Drew's 1st b-day, I had a white 5 x 7 frame matte w/ "Drew's 1" in cute rub on letters and let everyone sign it then framed a black and white picture of him with his cake. It looked very pottery barn-ish.