Sunday, October 14, 2007

Early Anniversary & the Texas State Fair




Russell and I will celebrate our 5th Anniversary on November 2nd! I can't believe it has already been 5 years of marriage! As an early celebration we went and saw The Lion King musical at the Fair Park musical hall. If you know my sweet husband, you know he isn't exactly the "theatre type" so I was really proud of him for taking the initiative to get these tickets for us...but let me just tell you, I think he enjoyed the show as much as I did. If you get the chance to go and see a Broadway production of The Lion King, do yourself a favor and GO!!! The music was awesome, the costumes were beautiful, and the sets and puppetry were AMAZING!!
To top off a fun evening, he surprised me with dessert on top of Reunion Tower! What an incredible evening and a more incredible husband!
We spent Saturday at the Texas State Fair with our good friends and our favorite missionary from Honduras, Hector Ardilla. It didn't take A long to warm up to Hector
Emily and her boyfriend rode this extremely scary fair ride. No thank you. I would like my corny dog, fried green tomatoes and cotton candy to stay down please!

The Montanas, Hector and A standing in front of the Legendary "Big Tex." I had two observations about Big Tex. #1 is that he really wasn't as big as I expected, and #2 is that his blue jeans are REAL jeans especially made for him. No joke!

A enjoyed running around the beautiful garden area. There were Monarch Butterflies everywhere!

Look closely! There is a man being shot out of a cannon!!!!! You never know what you will see at the Texas State Fair!

3 comments:

The Hadfields said...

How fun! I love local fairs. They seem so cheesy until you have kids and then they are the best thing ever!! I'm so jealous of her red hair. Sophie's only looks red in the sunlight!! :(

AJnChattown said...

I just tried to leave a comment and blogger went unavailable on me. Anyway...congrats on the first 5 and prayers for many more =)

Jillina said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love the big Tex! :)