Thursday, March 27, 2008

Busy and Blessed!


Have you missed me?? This most recent lack of updates has been due to a grueling nursing school schedule, an unexpected extraction of my wisdom teeth, and a visit from my favorite little munchkins from Louisiana and their parents:

First of all, I just have to say that I admire all you hospital nurses out there. Granted y'all aren't up till the wee hours of the night writing care plans (for the most part) but these 14 hour days at the hospital are taking some getting used to for me! I now truly understand why nurses only work 3 days a week...because it takes the other 4 to recover!!!

In other news, I finally went to the dentist last week to take care of a tooth that had been bothering me for a while. It was a wisdom tooth but fully exposed so I thought he would just fill the cavity and I would be on my merry little way....two hours later I walked out of the office looking like a chipmunk to who prefers to store nuts on only one side. He yanked those teeth out immediately...and apparently they were causing more of a problem than I realized because other teeth were being effected. Oh, the joy. Needless to say, I have a few more trips to the dentist until all my problems will be resolved and the moral of the story is:DO NOT NEGLECT YOUR GUMS!!!! Preventative care is definitely the answer and now I am finally a believer!!!



So.....the very next day after the DENTALVISITFROMHELL...our bestest friends from Louisiana came for a little visit. We miss these guys so much. I know I have talked about it before, but they truly feel like family. God has blessed us so much with this special relationship..

Friday night we took the kids to the Wiggly Play Center in Frisco. It was a little trek up there from where we live but the kids had a blast!Getting ready for the fun


To get ready for Easter, the two older girls went to the Easter Egg Hunt at our church. I didn't know what to expect, but they actually had lots of activities in addition to the hunt like a bounce house, arts & crafts, and cupcake decorating.



Because we are INSANE, Nat and I decided it would be fun for the kids to decorate easter eggs on Saturday to leave for the Easter bunny. It actually wasn't TOO messy. I am just glad they make that dye to come out of clothing and counters more easily than what they used to!

The Easter Bunny came to visit our house on Saturday night! He must have really liked the eggs the kids dyed for him!

Annaleigh's 2nd Birthday is TODAY! I can't believe my baby girl is 2 years old. She has her make-up school program tonight and her party is Saturday so I will share pictures from those soon!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

The 12 hour days do take some getting used to, but you'll appreciate them after a while and then if you ever do go back to working 8 hours a day again it will fly by...any 8 hour day is referred to as my "short day." Hang in there...it will all be worth it. Happy Birthday Annaleigh...we're looking forward to seeing you guys at the Arboretum tomorrow!

A Cincy Mama said...

I did miss you and your updates! Happy Birthday to Annaleigh-bee. Crazy that our first babies aren't babies anymore. Love to you!

Anonymous said...

Now that I actually read my friends' blogs, I check yours EVERY DAY so I was glad to see an update too.

Happy Birthday, Annaleigh!

Laurie said...

I think it's time for Suz to start a blog!

Angie said...

Yuck on the wisdom teeth thing! Hope you're healing up well!

Amber Rader said...

I didn't know it was Annaleigh's birthday yesterday. She did a great job in the program! Thank Russell for doing the prayer for us :)

Ryan and Michelle said...

Hope you are healing quickly..That does not sound fun at all! I do not envy your work schedule. I can only imagine how tiring that could be..especially with a toddler!

lyla said...

annaleigh is adorable! love your blog--it's always so funny! that stinks about your tooth...i'm going wednesday and am a little nervous about one of mine :( happy b'day!

Whitney said...

HAHA! You are cracking me up. I love how you said you looked like a chipmunk who preferred to only store nuts on one side...HA! I feel ya though, I had to have all 4 taken out at once! Dental problems are NO fun! Speaking of, I really need to start flossing more. :)