Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Program and First Playdate with new church friends

Annaleigh made her acting debut last Thursday at her pre-school spring program. They sang "Patty Cake" "Baby Bunting" and "Teddy-Bear, Teddy Bear." She did a great job and even knew all the words & motions! This is the only pictures I was able to get which I stole off Amber's blog because they lighting was so horrible none of my pictures turned out.


After the program, we went to go get food and ice cream since it was A's actual birthday. She wasn't too sure about being serenaded at Red Robin, but she liked the balloon and ice cream sundae!

Friday was our first play date with the sweet girls at Grapevine. We had the best intentions to go the Arboretum in Dallas, take cute pictures, and have a picnic. Due to inclement weather, we decided to go to the Dallas World Aquarium instead. When we arrived and saw a sign at the ticket window that read "757 school children are here today" we should have turned back...but against our better judgement and because we were DETERMINED to make the best out of the day, we pushed forward with our wagons and double strollers. I can't say we saw many animals or fish because the crowds were unbelievable...but I can say we made a lot of memories and the kids were angels!!! Oh well, we will try it again next week!Annaleigh and her friend Cassidee crawling on the fish tanks.Sharing snacks in the wagon

Borrowed string cheese from Presley Holmes

Get us out of this crazy place!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

So glad you guys joined us for the play date! We're looking forward to next week!

Suzanna said...

Happy Birthday, Annaleigh!

Suzanna said...

By the way, I need a good bow supplier (we've already lost a LOT)...any suggestions?

*Kendra* said...

Happy B-day Annaleigh! So glad we got to play on Friday! Let's try it again this week!

Bunch of Oranges said...

Cracks me up that you "stole" a pic from someone else's blog! ok.. so hopefully I will get to see you like..in person this week... instead of driving by in a car! Ha! Love the pic of the three of you and sundaes...mmmmmm

Hollie Reese said...

I am glad you are back! Looks like you are getting settled quickly! Happy Birthday A!

gilly said...

Laurie...I dont know if you rememeber me or not, but I met you in nashville when I drove with suzanna when we were in college...well I was linked to your page from her's and I am reading about you in grapevine and then I read this about the dallas world aqu. well I am living in dallas now, I just moved there 3 months ago...do you want to be friends...here is my email...gillyannh@yahoo.com I would love to get together...