Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ranch Dressing and Ketchup


I am sure those of you with picky-eating toddlers can relate to this...but if you are like me, you will do ANYTHING to get those kiddos to eat their fruits and veggies. Lately A has taken to reallllly liking ketchup and ranch dressing....so, if she wants to dip her green beans or broccoli in ketchup, I am all for it! (It does have lycopene, right?) We have seen her dip mandarin oranges in ketchup, cheese in ranch dressing, toast with jelly in ketchup (I choose my battles.) Well, tonight at dinner I had to draw the line. We had Garden Salad, Breakfast casserole, and Blueberry muffins. When I looked over and she was drenching her warm blueberry muffin in ranch dressing and scarfing it down, I almost gagged! Make me feel better. What weird things do your kids eat??

9 comments:

Angie said...

Eww! That is pretty bad....but funny! When I was little, I always ate my baked potato with ketchup. People thought that was gross, but I just considered it a healthier version of a french fry! :)

the campbell family said...

At this one mexican place we frequent he has been know to mix gravy with ketchup, salsa and queso. Then drink it through a straw.

Kylea Hapka said...

Haha she cracks me up! I used to put my lays potato chips in my turkey sandwich for extra crunch...but a muffin in ranch is pretty gag worthy!

The Blakes said...

Annaleigh might be on to something. I have always heard everything is better with ranch. I used to dip my Taco Villa bean burrito in ketsup and red sauce. YUM!

Anonymous said...

Laurie,
How dare you take that away from that sweet little thing. You should be ashamed of yourself. Be happy she is eating at all, things could alway be worse. Love seeing what is going on with you, Russell and the babe.

A Cincy Mama said...

muffin with ranch. can't top that. eewww. I have seen Big J drink ranch, straight out of the plastic cup they give you at Buffalo Wild Wings. although now that I really think about it, he did put some on his ice cream sundae that same visit.

Courtney said...

yuck! that is a pretty gross combo!

chris anne said...

campbell dips everything. he has been known to eat ketchup on sweet potato fries, goldfish into applesauce and so many more. toddlers are crazy, aren't they!?!

Blessed said...

Colt loves ketchup on everything too. Fine by me if he will eat something because of it. Right now he is eating NOTHING, but I hear that's normal. At this point I would let him dip any food in whatever he wants! Oh, and he only eats yogurt if he can put raisins in there. Weird.